Monday, June 3, 2013

My First day on the UY path

Well. . .I started the UY 108 day program. Today was CrossTrain, Hardcore and Meditation.  This is NOT easy yoga! I was sweating buckets, and feeling muscles I forgot I had. I'm kind of new to the blogging deal, so bear with me.

I am a fairly seasoned home exerciser, and consider myself to be in fairly good shape. Here lately though I've been feeling like something was missing from my workouts. I've been bored, unmotivated  and just generally dissatisfied. I recalled a friend of mine posting sayings from UY so I got curious. I've done yoga off and on for a few years, but usually the restorative, relaxing type. Don't get me wrong...I like that kind of yoga, but my " workouts " have always been of the aerobics with weights/step aerobics/free weights type approach. This approach worked well for me in the past but just leaving me feeling empty.

Enter UY. I did start the program 2 weeks ago, but stopped due to work related drama. I decided to restart from the beginning today, June 3 and keep a blog about my experience. At least this way I can keep myself accountable & track how I feel.

Well...got up at 5AM to get CrossTrain done. One thing I have found is I simply can not do this yoga with food in my stomach. I'm fairly busy like most of us are so I need to do this first thing or it won't get done ( lesson learned from my first week crash 'n burn experience ).

I have to remind myself that I'm a beginner with this. I'm so used to being able to jump in and start at the intermediate level minimum. This fact has been quite humbling. I do find that I felt much more relaxed an in less of a hurry to do things, which is definitely something I need in my life.

I'm thinking I'm going to like this program. Well, enough for today. Now to figure out how to link this to the UY 108 Day Facebook page to share my experience with other people on this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment